Answer by James Tharpe:
In no particular order:
- A link checker – I like.
- Goodand plugins for your IDE/build-scripts.
- A good IDE, such as Dreamweaver, WebMatrix, Eclipse, or Visual Studio.
- A good text editor, such as.
- A tool for evaluating and improving download times, such as.
- An HTTP debugger, I'm fond of.
- The latest versions of IE, Chrome, FireFox, and Safari.
- An automated testing tool, like
- Version Control – Subversion and Git are pretty standard.
- Various devices (phones, tablets) for testing.
- Common web dev libraries such as, , , etc..
- Premium training and reference materials. My team subscribes tofor example, and we're also thinking about .